"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere
even if your throne crumbles,
and your shiny crown turns to rust,
even if the bodies pile up endlessly,
above the bottomless pile corpses,
Beside you, as you lie softly down, I will be
until I hear the words
'Check Mate' !"
-Sebastien Michaelis

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Stifling of a Sun


He held his arms up to the sky
and cupped the golden orb
in the palms of his hands,
curling them inside themselves,
until the rays are diminished.

How much I love you,
you my sun, I
 cannot tell you that with words.
I can only lament to you
my longing and love.

His boot stomped out the bright flame
of the cigarette butt,
until no spark,
no trail of smoke, was left.

Forget, he told her sweetly.
forget the muse that pounds on the walls of your skull,
the lull of the violin,
the rumbling of the trombone,
the rolling of the drums.
Embrace your new role as wife,
And forget what once gave you strength to live.

How much I love you,
you my sun, I
 cannot tell you that with words.
I can only lament to you
my longing and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment