"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere
even if your throne crumbles,
and your shiny crown turns to rust,
even if the bodies pile up endlessly,
above the bottomless pile corpses,
Beside you, as you lie softly down, I will be
until I hear the words
'Check Mate' !"
-Sebastien Michaelis

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines Day

   I do not like Valentine's Day.
   I never did.
   I never will.
   It's hard to believe, considering that all of my old poetry was in a Romeo and Juliet format. I don't really pay attention when I write. I just go with it. I'm just as surprised as everyone else when the poem or story end in Happily Never After. I tried to change it. I tried to like Valentines Days. It just didn't work.
    One more thing I don't like about Valentines Day.  I don't like how the female think they have to have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day.  I mean, why? What's so great about a boyfriend? I am not saying this about all women, but it seems to be a common want. They then expect to get a gift from their lovers. Well, I don't think that there should only be Valentine's Day, which seem to center around the females more. I think the Japanese have a good idea.
    White Day is a Japanese holiday that is celebrated exactly one month after Valentines Day. For all of those who are not up to date in Japanese holidays, White Day is the opposite of Valentines Day. This is the day where males give the females presents to show them how much they care. Awww. So much better. Everyone is happy when there is equality in the world! So why doesn't America have a White Day!?
    Up until...ten minutes ago, I had no idea what Black Day was. I simply clicked on the ink to it on the White Day page to see what it was because...it was interesting? Well, I don't know why I clicked on it, I just did! Anyways, Black Day is celebrated in South Korea on April 14th. What is Black Day? It is like Valentines Day and White Day only for single people! It is the day single people get together. By single people, we also include those who did not get anything on Valentine's/ White Day. I, personally, like this holiday. It may be because I like the idea of lonely people getting together to make each other happy. Or it may be because I myself am single and am suffering from, possibly, unrequited love. Or maybe it's because I hate Valentine's Day. Either way, Black Day is now my favorite holiday...besides Halloween! No one can come between me and Halloween!

I just found this picture and decided that, since it fit with the topic at hand, I'd share it with the world. Am I a bad person for liking this? Maybe I am. However, the smile on his face and the tears in her eyes seem to inspire me.
This is also another picture I found that seemed to go along with the topic. It seems that my choice of pictures and blogs inform the world about me more than any silly "about me" sections ever could. Maybe hating Valentines Day is a way to say "I don't need you! Any of you! I'm fine by myself." Then again, I could be mentally insane like everyone believes. 
Yeah, I'd totally fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment